- 1 cup dried Black Beans
- 2 tbsp Badia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1/2 small Green Pepper, minced
- 1/2 White Onion, minced
- 3 cups White Rice, long-grain
- 1/2 cup Badia Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Badia Complete Seasoning®
- Soak the Black Beans in cold water overnight.
- Drain and place in a stockpot with fresh water covering the beans. Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer. Cover for 1 hour or until beans are tender but firm. Drain the beans by pouring the cooking water into a bowl. Save the water, you will use it later for the rice.
- Add the Badia Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the stockpot and sauté the garlic, pepper, and onion for 2 to 3 minutes until they soften.
- Stir in the Black Beans and Rice. Add the water saved from cooking the beans and 2 additional cups of Water. Add Badia Complete Seasoning®.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the rice is tender approximately 20 minutes. Stir frequently and check to see if you need additional water to keep the rice from sticking. You can add more water 1/2 cup at a time while it finishes. Just don’t overdo it or your rice will get mushy.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, add the Badia Lime Juice. The dish is best served hot.
- Serve as a side dish with roasted meat or with a salad using Badia Cilantro Lime with Garlic Marinade & Dressing.
- Optional: add some chopped bacon at the end.