- 1 can Pizza Dough, original
- 2 cups of Vegetable Oil, enough to cover the bottom of a saucepan with about 2-inches of oil
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Bars Miniatures
- Badia Chocolate Sprinkles
- Badia Cinnamon Powder
- Unwrap the chocolate miniatures into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a deep saucepan of fryer, heat the vegetable oil on medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until a small test ball of dough browns.
- While oil is heating, pop open the can of pizza dough and lay flat on a lightly floured or parchment paper-covered surface. The dough should be rectangular when laid flat.
- Cut the dough from top to bottom into six strips, and then cut lengthwise across the middle, making a total of 12 rectangular pieces of dough.
- Take two of the mini chocolate bars and place approximately 1/4 of the way up from the bottom of a piece of the cut dough. Fold the top of the dough down so that it covers the bars of chocolate, and pinch the open ends of the square together to seal completely. Repeat until all slices of dough are chocolate filled squares.
- Using tongs, place the dough into the hot oil, cooking three of the squares at a time. The dough takes only about 30 seconds to brown on one side, so after 30 seconds, use the tongs to flip each dough square over so that the other side can brown. Keep a close eye on the dough because you don’t want to over cook it.
- Once both sides of the dough are a deep golden brown, use tongs to remove and place on cooling rack/paper towels. Repeat until all dough squares are cooked.
- Place powdered sugar in the sifter/sieve and shake evenly across the top of the cooked dough, top them with Badia Chocolate Sprinkles and Badia Cinnamon Powder.