- • 2¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- • 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- • ½ tsp Badia Kosher Salt
- • 3 large Eggs
- • ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- • 6 tbsps Unsalted Butter, melted, cooled
- • 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- • 2½ tsp Badia Anise Extract, divided
- • 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Whisk Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat Eggs, Granulated Sugar, Butter, Canola Oil, and 1½ tsp. Badia Anise Extract in a large bowl until smooth, light, and foamy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add dry ingredients; beat just to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls with your hands. Space at least 1″ apart on 2 large parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill until very firm, about 1 hour.
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 350°.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through if coloring unevenly, until golden brown around the edges and tops are firm, 10–12 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk Powdered Sugar, remaining 1 tsp. Badia Anise Extract, and 3 tbsp. Water in a large bowl until smooth (glaze should be the consistency of heavy cream; add water by the teaspoonful to loosen if needed).
- Gently toss cookies in glaze until lightly coated, letting excess drip back into bowl. Transfer to clean parchment-lined baking sheets and let sit until glaze hardens, about 2 hours.
- Cookies, without glaze, can be made 2 months ahead; store airtight